Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The new year for San Patricio County 4-H

Like in everything sometime you just need a change. And change is not always a bad thing. Well, this year San Patricio County 4-H will be making some changes for the better. I'm so excited to be here and bring some new and innovated things to the table. Like this blog, I think it is cool and it will help me pass on information to every one that gets on and reads it. It will come out once a month at first and we will see how it takes off. If I have to start blogging more often then I will with no hesitation. Things that you can expect in the blog are upcoming events, event results, things that are going on in the clubs around the county and much much more. If anyone has an article/event that they would like to have put in the blog, email it to me and if it is 4-H related then you can bet it will be in there. I would like to challenge everyone of you that are current 4-Hers to bring one new friend that is not a 4-H member and get them involved in our program. That is the way we will start getting our numbers up.


Some of the things that will be coming up this month are:
County Award Interviews July 21, 2010 they start at 3:00p.m.
Club Officer Training July 28, 2010 at 4:30 p.m. at the fairground civic center
EVERY CLUB OFFICER MUST BE THERE.

2010-2011 San Patricio 4-H Ambassador Application Deadline has been extended until July 30th after that day it will be closed until next year.


Project Areas:

If you need help finding projects contact me and I will help you find what you need. Also, I will be driving around the county to look at projects. If you need specific assistance or help, let me know and I will be glad to come by and help you with your project.

Keep in Mind that September 1, 2010, is just right around the corner so don't forget to sign up for 4-H on 4-H connect.